Anti - Valentines Day?


Valentines Day, also known as lovers' day, is said to be the 2nd biggest money making day after Christmas. This commercialness of the day has made a lot of people very anti-valentines! Many people see it simply as a money-making scheme and want nothing to do with it!


I'm not a big fan of Valentines day either. Yes receiving cute smses from people you havent heard from in years, getting chocs and cards are all good and well, but is a meaningless gift really better than no gift at all? Poor guys feel pressured to out do the next and waste money on elaborate flowers and teddy bears... Girls feel pressured to cook and wear sexy lingerie... What happened to spontaniety and the element of surprise?


I want to know if my boyfriend brings me flowers one day its because he felt like it and not because society told him he should.


After speaking to a lot of people today, most of them even refused to mention the word Valentines Day... were they all single bitter people? Not at all... I think as you grow up the novelty of Valentines Day wears out... its quite a shame as the story behind Valentines Day is quite a sweet one... Maybe one day there will be more meaning to 14 February... We can either wait for the unlikely day or give it our own meaning. Today I spent Valentines Day at home by myself and its been the best Valentines Day I have ever had! I got to relax a bit, cook for myself and declutter my closet... might not be the ideal day for most people, but when you are over-worked... a day spent like this is truly priceless!!!

0 comments: